Effective February 7, 2020
Scopely, Inc. has acquired certain businesses, including those providing the services described below. This policy has been updated to reflect that transaction.
Table of Contents:
- SCOPE AND APPLICATION: What and who this Policy covers
- COLLECTION OF INFORMATION: The sources of and methods by which we, our service providers and our advertisers collect information from and about you, including information about your interaction with the Services
- USE AND DISCLOSURE: How we use the information we collect from and about you, and who we might share it with and why
- SECURITY: How we protect your information from loss or misuse
- USER ACCESS AND CONTROL: How you can access and control the information we maintain about you
- OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Other things you should know about this Policy and how we handle your information
- CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: What we are doing to meet the obligations of the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and other important information for California residents
- CONTACT US: How to contact us about this Policy
1. SCOPE AND APPLICATION
2. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We and our service providers may collect the following information from and about you:
- Registration Information is the information you submit to register for a Service, for example, to create an account, post comments, receive notifications, newsletters and other communications, participate in a survey conducted by us or on our behalf by a third party service provider, or enter a contest or sweepstakes. Registration Information may include, for example, name, username, email address, phone number, gender, ZIP or postal code, birthday, location, device information, information about your use of the Services, and any other information you choose to provide.
- Public Information and Posts consist of comments or content that you post to the Services and the information about you that accompanies those posts or content, which may include a name, user name, comments, likes, status, profile information and picture. Public Information and Posts are always public, which means they are available to everyone and may be displayed in search results on external search engines. BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DISCLOSING ANY INFORMATION IN PUBLIC POSTING AREAS ON THE SERVICES. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE IN PUBLIC POSTING AREAS.
- Activity Information. When you access and interact with the Services, we and our service providers may collect certain information about those visits. For example, in order to permit your connection to the Services, we may receive and record information about your computer, device, and browser, including potentially your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware information. If you access the Services from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device, geolocation data (including your precise location), or other transactional information for that device. When you use the Services to participate in our mobile games, we may collect scores, rankings, transaction information, and other information regarding your gameplay. Additionally, when you communicate with us, we may retain information regarding these communications.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies (such as browser cookies, pixels, beacons, and Adobe Flash technology) are comprised of small bits of data. The Services send this data to your browser when you first request a web page and then store the data on your computer or other device so the website or app can access information when you make subsequent requests for pages from that service. These technologies may also be used to collect and store information about your usage of the Services, such as pages you have visited, the video and other content you have viewed, search queries you have run and advertisements you have seen.
Third parties that support the Services by serving advertisements or providing services, such as allowing you to share content (e.g. Facebook) or tracking aggregate Services usage statistics (e.g. Google Analytics), may also use these technologies to collect similar information when you use the Services (such as websites or emails) or third-party services. These third parties may also use these technologies, along with activity information they collect, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile device and a laptop or other computer. We do not control these third-party technologies and their use is governed by the privacy policies of third parties using such technologies. For more information about third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use these technologies, including your choices with respect to them, see the section entitled “To deliver relevant advertisements,” below.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the "Help" section of your browser for more information. Users can manage the use of Flash technologies, with the Flash management tools available at Adobe’s website, see http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies you may not have access to certain features, content or personalization available through the Services.
- Information from Other Sources . We may supplement the information we collect with information from other sources, such as publicly available information about your online and offline activity from social media services, commercially available sources and information from our Company Affiliates or business partners.
- Do Not Track Signals . At this time we do not respond to browser 'Do Not Track' signals, as we await the work of interested stakeholders and others to develop standards for how such signals should be interpreted.
3. USE AND DISCLOSURE
We use and disclose the information we collect from and about you to provide the Services and features to you, including: (1) to measure and improve those Services and features and to develop new products and services; (2) to improve your experience with both online and off-line Services by delivering content you will find relevant and interesting, including advertising and marketing messages; (3) to allow you to comment on content, and participate in online games, contests, other promotions, or rewards programs; and (4) to provide you with customer support and to respond to inquiries. In order to provide you with content and advertising that is more interesting and relevant to you, we may use the information we receive from and about you to make inferences and predictions about your potential areas of interest. When the information collected from or about you does not identify you as a specific person, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
We use the information we collect from and about you for these additional purposes:
- To allow service providers to assist us in providing and managing the Services. The information we collect from and about you may be made available to certain third party service providers, such as contractors, analytics and other measurement companies, agents or sponsors, who help us analyze and understand your use of the Services, provide customer support, advertising and marketing, and manage and/or provide the Services.
We may use services provided by third-party platforms (such as social networking and other websites) to serve targeted advertisements on such platforms to you or others, and we may provide a hashed version of your email address or other information to the platform provider for such purposes. To opt-out of the use of your information for such purposes, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information set out, below.
- To contact you. We may periodically send promotional materials or notifications related to the Services. If you want to stop receiving promotional materials via email, follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. There are certain service notification emails that you may not opt-out of, such as notifications of changes to the Services or policies. If you have installed a mobile app and you wish to stop receiving push notifications, you can change the settings either on your mobile device or through the app.
- To share with business partners. We may share your information with business partners to permit them to send you marketing communications consistent with your choices.
- To complete a merger or sale of assets. If we sell all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of its assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of its business (including in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we may transfer your information to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard information in its possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. However, no one can guarantee the complete safety of your information. To increase the effectiveness of the security features incorporated through the Services, please ensure that any mobile application utilizing the Services is kept updated.
5. USER ACCESS AND CONTROL
If you would like to access, review, correct, update, suppress, delete, or otherwise limit our use of your personal information in our custody or control, you may contact us as outlined in Section 8. In your request, please include your email address, name, address, and telephone number and specify clearly what information you would like to access, change, update, suppress, or delete. We may request certain additional personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in accordance with applicable law. Note that there are some reasons we may not be able to fully address a deletion request, such as, for example, if we need to retain your data to complete a transaction for you, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, to exercise our rights, or to comply with a legal obligation.
We do not share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties for those parties’ direct marketing use unless a user elects that we do so.
Deletion Rights of Minors. If you are under 18 and a registered user of the Services, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to the Services by writing to us as outlined in Section 8. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user.
6. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
In addition, we are not responsible for the privacy or data security practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Amazon or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including in connection with any information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Services.
Sensitive Information. We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (such as social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise.
California residents may also take advantage of the following rights:
- You may request, up to two times each year, that we disclose to you (1) the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you, (2) the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected, (3) the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information, (4) the categories of third parties with whom we disclosed your personal information for a business or commercial purpose, (5) the business or commercial purpose for disclosing your personal information; (6) any categories of personal information that we sold about you; and (7) the business or commercial purpose for selling your personal information, if applicable.
- To take advantage of any of these rights, please contact us as described in Section 8 below. We value your privacy and will not discriminate in response to your exercise of your privacy rights. We will respond to your request within 45 days of receipt of your request, after proper verification, unless we need additional time, in which case we will let you know.
- California Civil Code Section 1798.120 may permit you to
of the “sale” of your “personal information” to “third parties” (as those
circumstances in which we may share your information with third parties
and choices regarding our collection, use, and sharing of your information,
which may include:
- Choosing to control targeted advertising from many ad networks and partners; data exchanges; and marketing analytics and digital advertising and marketing service providers by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance .
- Choosing to limit participation in Nielsen Digital Measurement Research (for non-Panelists).
8. CONTACT US
Mail: Scopely, Inc., Attn: Legal, 3530 Hayden Avenue, Culver City, CA 90232
Version 1.2 - Effective February 7, 2020